Monday 20 June 2016

QANTAS Baggage Handlers Strike Again!

The QANTAS baggage handlers have got me again, and I have to say they did an impressive job this time.



They actually managed to destroy a hard hat - that is to say an item specifically designed to protect against impact - that was packed in my luggage.

The left side was cracked...
and the right side was cracked...
and they took a chunk out of the back as well.

You will notice that this hard hat looks otherwise unused, and this is indeed the case; it was newly purchased because Qantas had managed to break my previous one as well.

In the previous case, the damage was not so great; merely a small crack along one edge. It was just big enough to write the hat off. Obviously they counted this as a poor effort and vowed to do better next time.

I have made a damages claim. I admit this was bit petty, but I was waiting on the phone to complain about being overcharged for extra baggage, and in the hour and a half it took for them to answer I soothed my irritation by occupying myself with this task.

Needless to say the process of making a damages claim is unduly complex and laborious and also you won't be surprised to hear that this happened two weeks ago and they have yet to do anything more than send an automated reply. It seems that they don't exert themselves to reply promptly; their automated reply casually informed me:
We aim to respond to your feedback and make contact within the next 15 working days where possible.
So they might respond to me within three weeks, but don't make any promises; whereas a damages claim will be rejected if it isn't completed within three days.

I have to say that QANTAS pisses me off and I think that if they treat their employees as badly as their customers, it's no wonder they take out their frustration with baggage kicking competitions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment